Risk Factors of Sciatica
Some of the major risk factors of sciatica include:
• Ageing: Age related spine and spinal disc problems can lead to sciatica.
• Occupation: Jobs that strain the back and the spine like heavy lifting, prolonged driving, etc. can cause sciatica.
• Prolonged Sitting: Jobs that require prolonged sitting or a sedentary lifestyle can lead to sciatica.
• Diabetes: Diabetes causes nerve damage and can cause sciatica if it affects the sciatic nerve.
• Heredity: If you have a family history of sciatica, your risk factor is likely to be increased.